This is where the intarsia knitting stops. Create the balls of yarn you need based on your examination of your chart. To knit my sample, I need three balls of yarn. I have a large ball of yarn for the main cream part of the chart the black dots.
Add a new color. Put the end of the blue yarn on the front of your work and the working end at the back of your work. Next, cross the cream yarn over the blue yarn so it is sandwiched between the blue yarn and your knitting. When you knit the next stitch with the blue yarn, the cream yarn will be captured in a loop of the blue yarn.
These are the loops that link your intarsia knitting together. This method of adding yarn keeps the loose end out of your way, and it helps you link your new yarn with the working yarn. If your design has more colors to add, you would add them all the same way: Switch colors when purling. Lay the cream yarn in the direction you are knitting.
Next, pick up the blue yarn so it crosses over the cream yarn. When you purl the next stitch with the blue yarn, the cream yarn will be captured in a loop of the blue yarn. Switch colors when knitting. Switching colors while knitting is the same as when purling. Continue knitting your chart and linking your stitches when you switch colors.
- Intarsia – Woeller!
- Intarsia (knitting) - Wikipedia.
- Maggie (The White Oaks Series Book 4).
- Intarsia Knitting Demystified: How to Intarsia Knit?
- Intarsia Add a Color Design to Your Knitting | Make:.
- The Oasis of Death (1)?
Weave in the ends. When weaving in intarsia ends, you want to make sure that the first direction you go with the yarn end is the natural direction the yarn would have been pulled if you had continued knitting with it.
Get Started with Intarsia Knitting | Interweave
If you are thoughtful about weaving in your ends, it will help your knitting look more even at the color changes on the front of your work. Bring the beginning yarn ends to the back. When adding the new colors of yarn, we left the ends on the front. As you can see, they are nicely looped with the neighboring yarn.
This would have been very difficult to do if the ends were left on the back. Weave these ends in, too. As you can see, my blue square is a pool of color linked with the colors surrounding it.
- A Genealogists Guide to British Names: A Reference for First Names from England.
- Christmas Traditions;
- March in B Minor, No. 1 from Marches héroïques, Op. 27.
- The Forgiving Hour;
- Dark divine (Pandora) (Italian Edition).
- Intarsia 101: Add a Color Design to Your Knitting.
- Las cadenas del demonio (Spanish Edition)?
On the left and right it is linked with the loops created when I crossed my new and old yarn colors at the color changes. Alice Merlino writes a popular craft blog at futuregirl.
Intarsia Knitting Technique: Joining a New Color
On the knit side , drop the old color. Pick up the new color from under the old color and knit to the next color change. On the purl side , drop the old color.
- Intarsia - Wikipedia!
- Free Markets and Food Riots: The Politics of Global Adjustment (Studies in Urban and Social Change)?
- Intarsia Knitting Demystified: How to Intarsia Knit - Interweave.
- Neuropsychological Sequelae of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage and its Treatment;
- Disciplines of the Holy Spirit: How to Connect to the Spirits Power and Presence;
- Get Started with Intarsia Knitting.
- Navigation menu.
Pick up the new color from under the old color and purl to the next color change. Repeat steps 1 and 2. When working a right diagonal on the knit side , bring the new color over the top of the old color and knit to the next color change. On the purl side , pick up the new color from under the old color and purl to the next color change.
When working a left diagonal on the purl side , bring the new color over the top of the old color and purl to the next color change. On the knit side , pick up the new color from under the old color and knit to the next color change. Wrap first the old and then the new yarn knitwise and work the first stitch with both yarns.
Drop the old yarn.